All you need is:
- 2 or 3 cardboard boxes
- glue gun and glue sticks
- clear packing tape
- pen or pencil
- a box cutter or exacto knife
- wrapping paper
- ribbons and other embellishments to jazz up your card box
2. Collect your coordinating wrapping paper, ribbons, paper cut-outs, and other embellishments. I used the AMAZE wrapping paper from Avie Designs.
3. Neatly wrap all of the boxes
4. Using a pen or pencil plan and trace your cut outs. You will want the cards to fall neatly down into the box so make sure the openings inside the box are large enough. (I used a large notepad to trace for the largest opening in the bottom box and the top of the middle box.)
5. Using your exact-o knife, carefully cut out your opening.
6. Wrap the raw edges with clear packing tape. Except for the top cut out where the cards will be deposited.
(Just to make sure.. test the top opening is large enough)
7. Once you are happy with the cut outs, glue all of the layers together with your glue gun or glue of choice. When gluing the bottom and middle box together, I used clothes pins in the inside to help hold the boxes together while glue was setting.
8. Next, decorate to your hearts desire!! I used several widths of coordinating ribbon, flower punch outs, rhinestones. How cute are those colors?!
I totally recommend using a strand of pearls to line the seams where the boxes meet and also around the opening of the card slot.
The completed project!!